Chinese-Forums

please help need headline for tattoo

ilovechina

ok the point of me getting a Chinese tattoo is because i love the way the letters look, i been wanting to get a tattoo of Chinese letters on my body since i was 14. now that im 18 i finally got a chance. at first i wanted to get "impossible is nothing" but than you guys made me realize that its kinda stupid to get that.

can someone who knows chinese history or anything about the country suggest me of what i should get a tattoo of? i want to get something deep in meaning. like i said as long as its a positive message i dont care because all i care about is the Chinese letters(traditional or simplified- dont matter)

preferably i would like it to be 6-8 letters long.

PLEASE help me out.

Consider this -

人間正道是滄桑

Meaning the way of the world is changes. From this poem (last line) -> http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/selected-works/poems/poems19.htm

It would look nicer if you do it vertically. Make sure the tattoo artist knows how to write Chinese. Otherwise the result could be miserable.

Chinese is not pretty pictures. It's a language, just like English. If you don't care what it will spell on your body FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, you might want to wait a while until you've come up with something you are ABSOLUTELY sure you want to advertise forever and ever.

Skylee's suggestion looks great, but you might want to look into the background of that line and what it would say about you if you have it tattooed on you, because people are going to read it and you will have to explain your choice of words.