Chinese-Forums

Exiting the country on a Double Entry Visa

westmeadboy

I'm in china on a double-entry visa. I'm trying to find the best place to "exit" the country before my 90 day stay runs out.

Does travelling to Hong Kong count? I heard a rumour that during the olympics it didnt in which case I would need to go somewhere like South Korea / Japan...

Exiting mainland China to Hong Kong has always been the end of one use of a multi entry visa, Olympics or not.

That said, if you want a bit of travel, there are about 17 countries bordering China!

OK thanks. I assume that Shenzen is considered within China for visa exit/entry purposes?

So, if I fly from inside China to Shenzen I just need to hop over the border into Hong Kong. Is there a minimum time duration before re-entry?

Hong Kong and Macau can be considered 'not China' for this purpose. The rest of southern China won't do.

There's no minimum amount of time you have to stay in Hong Kong - I've stayed as little as two hours, I'm sure people have turned round and come right back.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm currently in Dalian, so maybe it sounds more interesting to fly to Xiamen rather than Shenzen since I've never been to Xiamen and don't really like Shenzen or Hong Kong anyway (plus expensive)... Any thoughts?

Edited by westmeadboy

Yeah, I tried that because I really wanted to go to Tokyo. Cheapest tickets are 3700RMB return which I think is too much. It was half that this time last year...

Shenzen is 1200RMB return.

I'm considering North Korea (via Dandong) which would also be expensive but at least I'd feel I'd be getting my money's worth :)