Chinese-Forums

CCTV gone mad?

roddy

The vote count was rigged. I should have won. They raise these big plastic hands in the air to vote and then they have some assistants count the hands. This parts always cut for broadcast cause it takes a while and nothing much is really happening. But on this occasion the vote count for the girl who did win was much higher (by about 50) then the people who voted for her. For her to get as many votes as they said she did almost everyone in the stands would have had to vote for her; my memory--and the memory of others in the audience was that she didn't get that many votes.

Why it was rigged... well, I can't really say. On that particular episode it was only people from Beiyu participating. One teacher (who was there and also thought I should have won) said that since the girl was a 4th year student and I was a second, they let her win so it wouldn't look bad..

Also on one of the sections they give the answers to the audience. The section where people try to hum a chinese song they've never heard before. (it's really really hard, you'd have to be musically trained to actually do it, I think.) In that section they gave answers to the teachers who spread the answers around them to the audience members (the whole audience was from the school also.. teachers and administrators sat in the front row. ) but the teachers with the answers where sitting right in front of the girl who won's friends. They answered the questions for their friend (netting her 20 points more than me and the other contestant--teachers answered one questions each for us).

so all in all there where two parts where it was questionable. she netted 70 points off of these parts and her winning margin was 30.

it was still fun though.