Chinese-Forums

Study Chinese in dalian, It was good!

damon

I know many who have worked at Accenture. I somehow can't see this level of prose finding its way onto the deliverable.

Well put. It was also what I thought.

What a shame though that this guy seems to be pretending to be someone he isnt. Does that go down as losing face when one gets found out? It is contributing to giving Chinese business people a bad name in my opinion.

Then we'll delete this thread.
Actually, Imron, why would you delete this thread? Isnt it somewhat equivalent to deleting bad ratings in your ebay profile if the seller/buyer suddenly promises to improve (but only after having been rebuked and exposed? If I am a customer I would like to know the full transparent sales history and when I clicked on this thread it was because I thought it sounded like Dalian could be an interesting choice for a course.

Because we'd rather have a thread about a specific school with that school participating in the discussion, rather than antognise them to prove a point. After all, that's the kind of information that's going to be useful to readers of the forum.

You might argue that pointing out this kind of shady marketing is also useful, and that's true, which is why we let one through every now and then to make an example of, and to let people know we are watching out for this sort of thing. The fact is though, most attempts at it on this forum (maybe one or two a week) are deleted before they even get past the moderation queue. We don't keep those ones around, so why keep this one?

Some might take the view that these people are dishonest at marketing their company and so they obviously must be rubbish at teaching Chinese/can't be trusted etc. However that's not necessarily the case, and often it can just be that they are naive about how to best promote their services. At the end of the day, we'd rather have a school participating in the forums rather than feel persecuted by it.

In any event, Damon hasn't responded, and so the thread remains.