Chinese-Forums

A Job in Business in Nanning?

simosimodesu

Hi everyone,

In a few years, I'll have a Bachelor's Degree in International Business, and hopefully after that an MBA. I plan on taking Chinese language classes and devoting myself to learning Chinese a lot more than I am now when I transfer to state university (none at my community college:cry:).

Basically, I'm a Venezuelan guy in south Florida and I really want to go live in China, specifically in Nanning, Guangxi Province. Does anyone know how I could find business-type jobs/internships, hopefully at a foreign (English or maybe Spanish speaking) company in that city? Where would I find such information? Google searches just turn up jobs in Beijing and Shanghai... I want Nanning!

Can anyone help me out?

:help

There are very few jobs available in business in Nanning. There are few English speaking foreign companies and even fewer Spanish (if any). Remember to get work in China, it has to be in a position which a local cannot do. There are hundreds of Chinese graduates with the same qualifications as you (but have the huge advantage of being native Chinese speakers) and they are all chasing those jobs.

You would have a better chance if you spoke a SE Asian language. Nanning has close ties to ASEAN and is investing a lot in that area.

Sorry to be negative, but that's the way it is.

Yeah, thought it might be so....

Oh well, in a few years when it's job hunting time I'll be glad to go anywhere in China, maybe I'll get lucky and find an english company in Nanning, or maybe somewhere else which is just as fine!

@gato

MSN? No, certainly not! She's actually on QQ....

I am very appreciated you interested in nanning. I am nanning guy I know it's pretty hard to find a business job in Nanning espcially in English speaking. Most of my friends who settled in Nanning do their business job mostly in self-employment. If you anxious work in nanning, I recommend you take a teacher license in U.S and get a English teacher job in Nanning,what ever in university or high school. After you get familiar with nanning, it is quite easy to find a opportunity to do your business.

Another point.

Foreign companies tend not to recruit expat staff in China. Nearly all staff is recruited in the home country and sent to China once they have experience and knowledge of the company at home.