Chinese-Forums

Asian Cup

geraldc

The bad behavior displayed by Chinese fans in Chongqing was disgraceful. I like the upbeat comments by the Brazilian coach of the Japan squad after his team scored 4 goals despite the constant booing.

There's nothing wrong with booing but attacking the team bus and throwing plastic water bottles at Japanese fans should not be tolerated.

It will be interesting to see how this affects security for the Beijing Olympics.

Stupid, mindless nationalism is no good for the team, as any English person knows.

Since the Chinese have managed to ruin the goodwill the world would naturally feel for their team and rile the Japanese, I think the smart money is on a Japanese victory in the final.

Japan have a far superior team, let's hope the referee isn't like the guy who refereed England Vs Portugal in the European Cup (still hurts!). Although it would be nice to see China establish themselves as a winning team in international football.

It's not bad for the Chinese team indeed, I don't really like soccer but okay, I'm Chinese so I watched a bit of it too, of course I hope China could win but it's kind of hard to believe they could really win. The Japanese team are much stronger, as all people knew.

Anyway, the Chinese did quite a good job (or not?) except for those fans... but I do think the Japanese side had their responsibility too. Sports and Politics are different I know, but we all know there's a mix of emotion between them. Or am I wrong?

Ah just about two weeks ago I met another Japanese boy who was quite educated, supposedly,,, he wanted to learn English so I found him the BBC World Profile of Japan, it mentioned something about the sex slaves during the war, the boy's response was, "chigau yo..........." (it's not true...)

I was quite shocked and asked him what it meant? He felt some tension and said, "it's a difficult question..."

I didn't really want to push him, but he's going to have a master degree, in a country of freedom, it's really strange to hear his denial.