Chinese-Forums

Applying directly with BCLU

dmr1203

I have decided to not book my 4 week study program with the Center for Study Abroad(1195.00) and instead am going to attempt to book directly with BLCU(420.00). This is a little scary for me, but I printed an application from their website, and the process appears to be rather simple. Has anyone done this?

Can I do this with the little Mandarin that I have? They say to send them 50.00 in a wire transfer, and then mail the application. After that, in 2 months, I am to get the acceptance letter and the document to obtain a visa. Sounds easy, but is it?

It really is fairly simple. I applied directly to Beijing Foreign Studies University and was accepted for a two year course. I had questions about the application form which I e-mailed to the University and which were answered very promptly. I couldn't send them the application fee due to banking difficulties and they agreed to let me pay on arrival.

As for the Visa, your letter of acceptence will no doubt include a completed visa application letter for you to take to your nearest embassy who will help with the rest.

I have virtually no knowledge of Mandarin (my course at the University) and didn't find it a problem. As BLCU deals primarily with foreigners wishing to learn Chinese I'd imagine they'd be used to any questions you might have. Good luck with the application.