Chinese-Forums

Quick L Visa question.

colour wolf

Ive got a double entry visa with one trip expired on it (I thought i might have needed the double entry this summer; turns out I didn't)

Im currently back home and will be going back to China in the winter. The only problem is I have the double entry which expires a couple of weeks before I will be going back. This means I will have only a short time to apply for a new visa.

Can I apply for a visa whilst there is one already in my passport?

Anyone whos more knowledgable have any idea what I can do? I really dont want to have to get the visa done so close before my departure date if I can avoid it. (Using the last entry on the visa is not an option!!)

Thanks

while I've done it twice without problem, I'm not taking into account where one is going (what city) and who they know (this always helps in china). Probably is safest to just get another visa before going.

But if one attempts an extension; bring your flight itinerary so they see you have specific plans to depart on a date and ask for just an extension through that date.

When one is getting their visa, particularly multiple entries; always ask for the longest period of stay. I Just got the 2 year multiple entry visa good for 90 days each stay.

@davidzq: My current visa will expire before I enter China.

The problem is that the time between my visa expiring and my trip is just aout 2 weeks not leaving me much time to get a new one. Therefore I want to know about applying for one whilst I already have an active one (entering China on the new one and disregarding the original).

Hopefully muyongshi's advice is correct.

The problem is that the time between my visa expiring and my trip is just aout 2 weeks not leaving me much time to get a new one.

I don't know where you are, but most Chinese consulates offer same day or next day visa services. Two weeks seems like a really long time to me.

yes, I'll second it... the advice is correct.

The existing visa should get a "Cancelled" and probably dated.

While I said I got my 'extended' twice while in china, that is really misleading; they simply issued me another visa.. and stamp 'cancelled' my existing ones.

have a good trip.