Chinese-Forums

NewsinChinese Video

trevelyan

Quick note that we've just added video news to News in Chinese. This is a video player embedded in the right hand column of our annotated news page. You can watch/listen to the latest news while reading the annotated news. Or while adding content to our online Chinese English dictionary (highlight!).

This is a bit of an experiment in two ways. First as we're trying to use some primitive A.I. techniques on the backend to identify the latest relevant news clips. Second as we try to target the exact video to your physical location. If you're in the States or Europe you should see content streamed from Youtube. Those in China should see Youku videos. This isn't perfect and if you get the wrong one, please write me and let me know your I.P. address so I can look into it.

We don't have automated subtitles with the transcript yet, so this is probably only useful if you're a more advanced student. I personally find it pretty useful and cool. Hope you do too.

Best,

--david