Chinese-Forums

Where to find a job or internship in Qingdao?

majnov

Hi,

I am fresh graduate from UK university in management science.

English is my second language, mother tongue is polish.

I have learned mandarin for 7 months, and everyday in China now.

I wonder, where and how to find a job in Qingdao.

I am living in Jimo now, 30 km from Qingdao.

When i was there in last weekend, i was thinking.. so many sky scrapers but still can't find job... hmm what's wrong?

When i am searching webpages such as 51job.com, www.chinajob.com, www.echinacities.com... and searching trough google... Final result is nothing...

I am trying to find job as photographer as well.. I have got 4 years experience..

but I am not suitable for factories such as wedding studios.. where in some places in Qingdao i could see traffic with wedding couples.

... Please.. if you can... try to help me..

Best Regards,

Greg

but I am not suitable for factories such as wedding studios.. where in some places in Qingdao i could see traffic with wedding couples

I'm not really sure what this part means, but...

I would think that it's tough to find a job as a photographer for locals, let alone for non-native speakers. Each time we have had photos taken in China, the photographers have been very professional and produced excellent results. It's one area in which China does it very well in my opinion, so the benchmark is high. That said, maybe you could bring something extra and original to a photographers.

Dear Xianhua,

I will explain to you, i was taking test shots in that kind of wedding studio.

First, i wanted to observe other photographer's work, look at the lighting set-up and so on..

... and what i have seen, i didn't like so much...

couples were treating as chicken in factory on assembly line.. service is good, because photographers are using good lightings and a lot of photoshop.. then people are perfect.. and not even similar to real ones.. but who doesn't want to be perfect... for one day only?

Yes, stuff what i can produce is different, different framing... ideas...etc.

I don't want to say... chinese photographers are closed in their minds..

no i want to say.. opposite thing, they are very attractive, and way better than UK wedding photographers.. although ceremony in UK, Poland and China is different from each other.

But i can't treat people as chicken.. and.. fast... fast.. smile.. next one..

I will be very exhausted about photography after 3 months.. at work in such as wedding studio..

That's my way of perceiving chinese wedding photography..

What about management, HR... (I wrote my dissertation about Chinese recruitment process).. econometrics?

It must be someone who can employ me.. or give me training me in Qingdao...