Chinese-Forums

Can someone please help translate for me ?

leung87

Hi,

My father gave me a chinese name (which is his sisters name), but being from a poor family therefore lack of education, he doesn't remember the actual chinese characters to form my name.

All I know is it's cantonese and sounds like "Lai Jun" or "Lei Jun". If someone could please help me out - I have asked a few chinese friends, but they are not familiar with the words or my pronounciation.

Thanks all,

Jan

The second part could well be 春. The problem is that you are just guessing how to write the sound using the Roman alphabet and this is obviously not very reliable. As you probably know, many Chinese characters have similar sounds.

黎春,梨春,利春 and 賴春 are all very plausible Chinese names, but there must be many other possibilities.

Also, it's just occurred to me that when you say Lai/Lei Jun is a Chinese name do you mean a complete name with family name and personal name or is it just a personal name?

I've just noticed that your user name is Leung and presumably your Dad's sister's family name is the same. In this case Lai/Lei are unlikely to be family names and my suggestions are probably wrong.