Chinese-Forums

Biggest & Rising Asian Stars

Guest david

Hi, I'm working on a project that we hope to cast an Asian actor in, preferably Chinese.

Who are currently the new crop of rising stars from Asia, especially China? I'm really interested in ones who can speak English.

Alternatively, who are the biggest stars; aside from the obvious such as Jet Li, Jackie Chan or Chow Yun Fat?

Thanks,

David

Rising stars who can speak English - I think the biggest two right now would be Jay Chou (I'm not 100% sure he can speak english, but I heard he spent some time in either vancouver or new jersey) and vaness wu of f4 (he's from Los Angeles).

Jay and F4 are the most prominent Chinese singing stars of the moment - which means that their acting will come soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
well . . .excepting that Vaness is kind of well, how do you put this . . .he's the talented one of F4 - which means he's the ugly one too.

I know many girls who are gah-gah over Vaness. But of course, Yan Chengxun is definitely the most popular one out of the four, but Vaness has his own following as well.

Sure' date=' there are lots of girls ga-ga over all four of F4, but seriously - he's the only one with talent. . . and he's a lot less "pretty" than the other three guys.

(Personally, I'm not a fan of any of them)[/quote']

Yes. I just wanted to clear things up because you said that Vaness is ugly, which he isn't. He is just "less pretty" than the other three guys. However, I'd also like to point out that not everyone think he's the least pretty out of the four.

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd dig up this one since Chinese filmstars have been doing well in the west, winning awards at festivals like cannes, and the movies like House of Flying daggers, In the Mood for Love and Rush Hour are other movies doing so well

Many stars from HK, Taiwan and Mainland China, Daniel Wu ( Chinese-American from California ) has done well, 张曼玉 Maggie Cheung has done many great films, 甄子丹 Donnie Yen ( lived in Boston Massachusetts ) is another talented star, there are many others like Qi Shu, Michelle Yeoh, Sung-kee Ahn ( Korea ), Beat Takeshi ( Japanese Kitano Takeshi ) Chiu Wai 梁朝伟 Tony Leung, 章子怡 Ziyi Zhang, Christy Chung ( Québec, Canada ) Takeshi Kaneshiro, Rongguang Yu, Du-na Bae ( Korean ), Aishwarya Rai ( Indian actress ), Sihung Lung and Gong Li

http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/person.jsp?id=33336