Chinese-Forums

Please Help Translate.. Thanks :)

GBiiddy

Hi.. I'm looking to have translate "babygirl" into chinese characters/symbols. Im looking to have a tattoo done with "babygir"l as the tattoo. My wife and I who is chinise recently had a lil girl.. and I wanted to do this as a suprise! If you could please help me. It would really be apreciated. thx

I never knew their was a differnce.. I guess it would be as in I call her baby girl rather then the literal sense of we had a baby girl? And is there sominthing i'm doing wrong I'm looking at other threads,etc. and I cant seem to see any symbols,etc. just a lot of empty little boxes... any suggestions?

Strongly recommend you don't - most people get away with Chinese tattoos as they're not that often seen by anyone who can actually understand them. If you mess it up (and even if you get something perfect suggested online, there's no guarantee the tattooist is going to do it right) your Chinese-reading wife will be irritated by it every time she sees it, which presumably will be often.

Either discuss it with your wife first, or if it must be a surprise get something not as tricky as Chinese characters. Or just give her flowers, can't go wrong with a nice bunch of flowers.

I never knew their was a differnce.. I guess it would be as in I call her baby girl rather then the literal sense of we had a baby girl? And is there sominthing i'm doing wrong I'm looking at other threads,etc. and I cant seem to see any symbols,etc. just a lot of empty little boxes... any suggestions?

You need to install a Chinese language pack, it comes with windows. You can google it and find out how to do it fairly easily. I also agree it would be a bad idea to get this tattoo, especially since your wife is Chinese. If you have to get it, atleast put it some where it can be covered up most of the time.

Thanks guys.. I know its risky and strongly recommended against.. thats why im here hoping I can elimanate alot of the chance for error! Im pretty sure im going to go through with this and the plan was for now on my wrist where my watch goes so it would be covered up 99% of the time.

If you're running XP, it's under the regional and language settings of control panel (it will be something like install support for east asian fonts).

I would also recommend against such a tattoo. Even if you get the words correct, like Roddy said, the tattooist is just as likely to screw it up. See Hanzismatter for a bunch of people who also thought it was a good idea to get a Chinese language tattoo.

Thanks imron that was staright forward.. but just my luck there is a problem.. It asks for the xp cdrom to put in the drive and I dont know if it was because I got this laptop from dell I do not have that cd! I have dell installation cds .. but thats it

And I know and i'm pretty sure I will go ahead with this.. We had been trying to have a baby girl now for 13 years.. unsuccesful.. 5 boys lol And I always said that if we ever had a baby girl.. I would get it tattooed on me.. And give my circumstances I will do anything I can to have this come out right.. Thank you so far taylor, roddy and muyongshi aswell Any mmore help you can give and advice other then not to do it lol will be and has been greatly apreciated I just dont want to screw it up.. if possible

Does your wife have any Chinese friends you could ask? That would be better, and will give you quick feedback as they screw their faces up in disgust, or clap their hands in delight.

Good idea. You could also pen the letters on your skin, then get your wife's reaction before you get the real tattoo. But it depends whether the main objective is to create a good surprise or to have something meaningful on your skin for the rest of your life.