Chinese-Forums

Best way to view characters on this forum?

krinkle

Most people on the forums use simplified characters, but some use traditional so its best to have both.

Are you running a recent operating system and internet browser? You shouldn't need to install anything to be able to view characters, I would have thought.

• New Members

I don't think there is a "best" option in terms of viewing traditional vs simplified characters. As long as you have the languages installed (on Windows), or a Mac/Linux OS from the past decade you will be able to see the characters. They will simply show up in the form used by the poster.

If the problem is, and it seems to be from your post, that you're seeing blurry characters as opposed to none at all, then I would guess the issue has more to do with your screen resolution, making one stroke meld into the next when the characters are too small. The simplest fix is to try zooming in on your browser when you need to read a particular post/character. On Firefox and Chrome you can do this by holding "Ctrl" and pressing the +/- buttons to zoom in/out. You can also do the same thing with "Ctrl" and your mouse's scroll wheel.

Otherwise, you could try making sure your screen is set to its native/optimal resolution, adjusting the size of fonts system-wide and making sure you haven't changed your web browser's default fonts.

Hopefully this helps =)