Chinese-Forums

4 Char Translation

Ellipsis

Hello All,

I took a semester of Mandarin years ago and cannot for the life of me remember much. However, I was hoping for a translation on these 4 characters that are imprinted on a seal of one of the items I came across at work. I have no idea what it means and have been trying to translate it but with no luck. I believe it's mandarin, could be traditional, and it's engraved on rock so that might account for it not being 100% to standard. I drew what was on the stone (in the attachment).

If someone could translate I'd appreciate it to satisfy my curiosity. The seal belonged to a doctor, if that helps in anyway.

Thanks!

2765_thumb.attach

I'm sorry, Artem, but what makes you think it's 土?

Something other than what makes me think it (The third character. Note that the image is mirrored. Ellipsis drew the stamp, not what the stamp produces.) is .

It says 金囪之印.

I meant to type 图, sorry, it looks like one of the variants by not quite complete, but the closest I can think off

EDIT: PS. Typos like that is the reason why I shouldn't reply to posts at 4am. Haha. Just to clarify the confusion I'm referring to the bottom left character.

Edited by Artem