Chinese-Forums

Xinhua Bookshop now in London

xianhua

Do you have an address for it?

Sorry, I haven't got an address. The only articles on the web seem to come from the Chinese press, so wouldn't give that level of detail. I was assuming it would be around Chinatown/Gerrard Street, but could be wrong.

Well, to answer my own question, after some searching I found this posting which seems to give the address :

补充一下地址:Unit 4, 55/57 Park Royal Road, London NW10 7LR

听说这里离任一地铁站都很远,在 middlesex hospital 那里,那人还说有车的开车去,没车的就跋涉吧。

It's from this website which contains a few more postings with comments about the location.

Well found JohnB! There go my plans for popping in after a stroll down Oxford Street.

为什么选在那么远的地方?

As one of the posters asks, why choose such a distant location?

Maybe they saw the rental prices in central London and ran a mile (or 26).

What a strange place to put the bookshop. If I remember correctly, it's in the middle of an industrial estate surrounded by car showrooms and wholesalers like Makro. Oh, and opposite the hospital.

Cleverly situated nowhere near a tube station, it must be a front for something else ;) The news of the opening said it'll also be involved in the "copyright trade", whatever that is. I guess they're going to use it mainly as an import/export base for books/magazines etc and distribute from there.