Chinese-Forums

女子十二乐坊 12-Girl

Quest

I've just downloaded and watched their first performance in Japan 255MB/realplayer file.

http://nnv.dl1.btchina.net/download.php?s=d8a7c1e08be45576&attachmentid=239407

and I was very impressed, recommended to everyone who has a broadband connection.

(you need to install a bt client before you can download it:

recommended client: http://www.bitcomet.com/index.htm#download )

I loved it when they played《东京爱情故事》's theme song, and 《紫禁城》.

enjoy!!

女子十二乐坊就是个潮流,大家伙儿都喜欢跟潮流!

this kind of music is sux.

it's not pure feeling,just a kind of commercial products.

sometimes,traditional music mixed with modern music together ,it is really a tragedy.

it's just my feeling.

sorry for talking about it to their fans.

this kind of music is sux.

it's not pure feeling,just a kind of commercial products.

sometimes,traditional music mixed with modern music together ,it is really a tragedy.

why is mixing traditional instruments with modern music a tragedy?

我睇你根本就係跟人口水尾。

May I ask what gives you pure feeling? 《广陵散》?or 《Love Love Love》?

It's highly subjective, this kind of mixing of classic with contemporary.

Frankly, I like all types, cos they offer something different in return.

I guess there is no such thing as "bad music" cos it depends greatly on your preferences. What you hate maybe loved by someone else.

• 6 months later...

For those of you who think 12 Girl Band (12GB :D ) sucks and think it is just a commercial gimmick. Probably you are living at the bottom of the well in your backyard. You must never heard of a kind of music called "New Age" in US/UK. I don't blame you coz I was born in HK too, and I think many asian people's acceptance level of variety of music is so narrow. Many just know about pop. Sigh... :-?

For those of you who like 12 girl band, you probably MUST try to get the DVD of Yanni - Live At The Acropolis. You may also wanna try John Tesh too. Yanni is my favorite, I would place 12 Girl band in the same category as "New Age". Any comments?

Like Yanni, he composed the songs using combination of classical music instruments like Violin, Trumpet, Brass with a modern band. That's exactly like 12 Girl Band except 12GB uses chinese instruments. So, 12 Girl Band is nothing new to me in concept.. but they got very good songs I like them so much!! The coolest thing is that they are all pretty girls 8)

Again, music is very subjective I agree.. Just like my mom she plays "GuZheng" and I gave her the live concert DVD of 12 girl band, I told her it's awesome. But she finished it in 15 min coz she fast forwarded the whole thing. LOL!! :roll: what a waste! while I played DVD for at least 10 times since I bought it.

I LOVE 12 Girl Band! Way to go!! btw, anyone knows is there an official website of 12GB? :lol:

Bean