Chinese-Forums

Beijing Snow!

roddy

The trade-off being my hutong hasn't even finished installing the government-subsidized heating units...much less turned on anything here.
Same here. I almost ran into the guy installing the cable this morning, though, so there's hope. He said it'll be "just a few days" until I could use my heating - whatever that means...
Buying a portable heating unit tomorrow I think.
Same here...

At least Beijing looks pretty with snow... It's snowing in Copenhagen right now, and windy as if there's no tomorrow, and it's not pretty at all :( And it was definitely not nice to have to go to the supermarket before. And even with isolated, central heated apartment, both my husband and I feel it's cold inside:-?

And again, for a hat-trick!

That's three times in about two weeks, and we're not even halfway through November. I'm stocking up on thermal underwear and canned food, we're in for a harsh winter . . .

Either that, or someone in Zhongnanhai loves making snowmen.

I think this will be the last snow this winter. My heating just got fixed, and it won't be have as much fun for the gods to send snowstorms to earth when they know that I'm not sitting in my room rolled up in a sleeping bag, teeth clattering...

Those photos are great! I love the totoro one. They put the stuff in 798 to shame.

I arrive in Beijing next Friday. Can you please ensure that the dirty snow has gone and you're back to blue skies. Someone must have connections ;)

• 1 month later...
I think this will be the last snow this winter.

Lots of snow today, after a lighter fall yesterday. There's already what looks like a good few inches on the cars below and it's still coming down. Not sure if this is natural snow or government snow.

2963_thumb.attach

Snow today was predicted by the weather forecast since Thursday. So unless the party informs them when they want to make it snow, it might actually be due to natural causes.

But then, you never know what the party is up to...

Seems the sun is melting away the nice fluff and leaving behind a couple centimeters of ice where they didn't get a chance to shovel. Found out the hard way when I crashed my scooter after a man walked in front of me. I guess I shouldn't expect them to salt the roads or I can pull a Michiganian move and carry cat litter for the tough spots.

(Would have helped to slow down)

Edited by Brian US