Chinese-Forums

hospital feeling

seahorse

for most of chinese people,hospitals are like big fatories.

the population of chinese is huge,and the number of people want to see the doctor is also huge,so in hospital doctors are just like the workers in the fatory,their jobs also are like pipelining.

sad-

at the same time ,many doctors can get extra money from patients not unclude the money patients pay for the hospital.

btw,china is more and more like a money world.money can solve many many troubles and problems.

what r u thinking about?

what's the hospital like in your country?

it may surprise you to know this, but many poor people in U.S. hospitals die while waiting for care ... also, many people die because they cannot afford medication for their care or surgery for their condition...

there is also a shortage of nurses in many areas...

if you are very rich in america, the hospital can come to you and setup most of the facilities and equipment in your mansion.

american hospitals are slowly becoming factories in U.S.... where the doctors get profits for subscribing certain medication and the medicals bills are so expensive, some people need to sell everything they own to cover the cost...

it makes me sad thinking about it... :(

I have experience with hospital in quite a few places.

Eight years ago, I visited the friend of my friend (whom is a Shanghai native) in Shanghai. She stayed in a dim-lit hospital which room was without air-conditioning. The doctor asked her to lie still in the hospital. But after two weeks lying and the sweltering heat, her back muscle started to rot.

I just wish that every hospital in Shanghai has installed air-conditioning.

My first baby was born in a HMO-administered hospital in US. My wife was asked to be discharged within 36 hours of the delivery. But right away I needed to take her back because of complication (probably because the OB who took care of the delivery wasn't the one she used to see because they rotated on shift).

My second baby was born when I had better heallth insurance coverage. My wife could have the same OB and she was allowed to stay for 48 hours after delivery in the hospital.

For emergency care, 10 years ago I already found that the mnimum charge was US$273 (marked on a big sign board at the Cashier). My state got 80+% coverage of the population. I don't know how those folks in some southern states that just got 50% coverage deal with their sickness.

Hong Kong's health care is two-tier: Public hospital (no charge but now changed to neligible charge) and Private hospital (very expensive and seems there is no public supervision on charges).

When I was a kid, I saw a doctor in a public clinic. That meeting established the shortest record I ever saw a doctor. When I kept mentioning my symptom, he kept writing. When I finished talking, he already told me to go get medication (clinic and pharmacy are still not yet separated in HK). From then on, I have never gone to public clinic or public hospital.

But I don't blame them since there were at least one hundred more patients waiting after me to see that doctor.

But 5 years ago, my impression totally changed.

My mom broke her leg on the sidewalk and could not move. The ambulance took her into Sir Youde Hospital and stayed there for five weeks. When the bill came, it was just US$8 per day including lodging, nurse, doctor and 3 quite delicious meals every day.

Moreover, once every month for the 6 subsequent months the hospital sent a car with parademic to pick my mom up to the hospital for check up at no charge at all.

I agree that hospitals can be better!! I don't like the gowns or the way they probe you!! My mom went in for heart problems and they tried to exsperiment by giving her medication that she didn't need!! We cussed them out and took her to a better one!! But none of the hospitals rate a 10 in my book!! But what can you do!!!