Chinese-Forums

Mobile version and favourite posts

chrix

Hi,

I thought I would bring up two features for discussion:

- a mobile version: for instance the Nokia users forum has this, makes navigating the forum with your mobile phone much easier. Though accessing the Chinese forums using Mini Opera wasn't too bad.

- bookmarking favourite posts: the New York Times website used to have this feature, with which you could save your favourite article. Now you can subscribe to threads on the forums, but usually that happens to the threads you're contributing to. Sometimes there's threads I'd like to keep for future reference (with or without contributing to them), and it would be great if there was a way to do this directly here.

What do you think?

As for bookmarking - again, this already exists, although I'd forgive anyone who hadn't noticed it. Under the thread tools drop down at top right of any topic, you can subscribe to it. Via your subscription page (see under quick links in the header) you can create folders and choose the type of notification for each topic. So you could have . . .

My active discussions: where you get instant notification of new replies.

My bookmarks: no notifications, but you'll be able to find them fairly easily

Watched topics: weekly or monthly notifications, for stuff that you're not really involved in, but want to keep track of regularly.

Or you can just have one big folder - you don't need to have the same notification status for all topics.

So I tried the mobile version, and it's great. Two points though:

- when you click on the "right arrow", you're not pointed towards the last post, but to the beginning of the last page. Depending on the browser, this can be a problem to scroll all the way down.

- all icons come out as ": - )"

I'm not sure how much the admins can do about this, just thought to point this as some kind of feedback....