Chinese-Forums

Sweden-Taiwan, 10 hours in beijing

Maaacke

Hey,

Im going to taiwan for 3 weeks over my winter holidays to study but i have some questions that someone hopefully can answer.. first of all i don't need a visa for taiwan if i am just there for 3 weeks right? I was just wondering also because i have almost 10 hours at Beijing airport, is it possible for me to go to go in to town and visit some friends? Do i need to get a visa for that? Is it hard?

Regards

If you want to leave the Beijing airport, you will need a visa. Fortunately, for Swedish citizens, it is not that expensive: only 220 Kronor.

If you do decide to visit friends, the direct airport subway line can easily take you into Beijing and back within your ten hour layover period.

http://www.chinaembassy.se/eng/qzhhz/

For visa regulations, best check the embassy/representative office in your country. With a Dutch passport one can stay in Taiwan for four weeks with a landing visa, it's likely it's the same for Swedes, but best check with the "embassy".