Chinese-Forums

Tattoo Identification...please help!

jasmine.pearl

Agree. I think it's meant to be 福 - fu, good fortune - but it's been written really badly. When getting a Chinese tattoo, it's not just enough to pick a correct word/character, you also need to get a tattoo artist who is experienced with Chinese characters and who knows what they're doing - which unfortunately was not the case here.

Thank you all so much!! You guys are the best.:clap

My cousin is the black sheep of the family, very promiscuous and irresponsible. I was perusing http://ugliesttattoos.com/ and saw a bunch of tattoos that the recipient was told meant "good fortune" or "love" that actually meant "drunken slut" or "sleeps with two men at once" (LMAO) and I wanted to see if my cousin was in that category:

http://ugliesttattoos.com/?s=chinese

She's convinced that the kanji means "happiness". Are there any known (and possibly hilarious) connotations to the symbol I posted above??

Thanks again!:wink:

She's convinced that the kanji means "happiness". Are there any known (and possibly hilarious) connotations to the symbol I posted above??

None that mean 'promiscuous' - sorry to disappoint. It's poorly drawn (although actually not that bad for a Chinese character tattoo, we've seen much worse), but it means what she says it means.

Well.......... In Cantonese 福 is pronounced something like "fok". Say it outloud and mangle it a bit, and that's as close as I can get to something "promiscuous" :mrgreen: But that's quite a stretch as there are probably about 20 characters also pronounced "fok".