Chinese-Forums

Tattoo translation please??

starquestbd22

Hi all. Years back I got the wonderful idea to get a chinese tattoo. I like the tattoo and I know what it means to me but I have gotten curious as to how accurate it actually is. It is supposed to mean "always in my heart". I have researched until my eyes are crossed and have only been able to determine that the first charactar and possibly the second seem to translate to "forever" or "eternity". I have not been able to locate anything on the last charactar. Can anyone help please? Thank you!

2825_thumb.attach

I think the last character is 在. In this case, it reads 永遠在. I guess this could mean "always there", but it feels very grammatically incomplete.

Good news is that you only need to add 我的心 to get the meaning you wanted. 8) I would interpret this as that the part of your body where you have this tattoo is always in your heart.

Bad news is that it's in no way aesthetically pleasing.

Yonglin is right. it reads 永遠在 (Yǒng Yuǎn Zài).

Yes, this could mean "always there" and is not a completed sentence. But I suggest that you just leave it like this and do not add anything after it. A grammatically incomplete sentence can mean much more then a completed one. You can think it as "I will always be there" or "Always there in my haert" or anything else.

This is Chinese. It's cool!:D

Well, thanks for all the responses everyone. I must say I'm a little disappointed but I suppose that's what you get for deciding to get a tattoo just because you went with someone else to get one at 18 or 19 years old. Yeah, I don't really think I'll be adding anything to it in the next little while either. Once is enough.