Chinese-Forums

Olympics Gold Medal Count -- POLL

Quest

预测:China's gold medal ranking in the Olympics?  

1. 1. 预测:China's gold medal ranking in the Olympics?

• First
    • Second
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Worse

I guarentee that there will be no empty seats. All those tickets - if they're not sold - and probably even before they go on sale - will end up in the hands of people with guanxi and they will be filled.

You might say, well - it's different, it's an international sporting event. I'll just point to the ticket "sales" of the NBA China Games upcoming event in Beijing where 10,000 tickets were supposed to go on sale and only 1,000 ended up being "paid" tickets - and 9,000 ended up being comp'd.

Sure, China is the number one gold medal country so far. :lol: But, 我国 (USA! USA!) is kicking the crap out of other countries in bronzes, 9-6 (Russia and Australia). :D

On a serious note, why is it that the American press always uses the total medal count to show who is ahead, while China uses the gold? Odd.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5592314/

http://2004.sina.com.cn/

It's interesting that almost 50% of China's medals (14 out of 29) at these Olympics have come from two disciplines: weightlifting and shooting

they won 3 in diving so far (and 'gave' one to Greece).

usually they would get some golds from gymnastics, but they keep falling off the bars this year..........

also pingpong golds in the coming.

Japan won 5 from Judo, the rest from swimming.

Australia: swimming.

US: swimming (will be track and fields later)

I would say the golds for China are far more evenly distributed than some other countries.

I'm a little torn between rooting for China and rooting for the USA. :mrgreen:

Good luck to China on the individual diving events whenever Laura Wilkinson is not competing. :lol:

What happened to the Chinese gymnastics team? I was expecting them to do well after their performance in Sydney. It will be a major embarrassment if they fell off the bars in front of the home crowd in 2008.