Chinese-Forums

Need a proverb....

DSC

I have a friend leaving for Iraq soon. I want to get her a ring, with a good proverb engraved in Chinese. Something like "Dark clouds cover blue skies, but light shines down on those brave enough to find it." (And if somebody could translate that for me 8) )

Thx.

Shes in the Army National Guard. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE FACT THAT SHES GOING. Its bullsh!t. But she has no choice. She'll be gone for at least a year, 18 months tops. I love her very much, but this is the hand fate has dealt me.

Yea it sucks.

Why does he always have some kind of claw going on with his hands? I don't get it? :conf Each and every person associated with Bush, who is in the public eye makes me absolutely sick to hear them speak. They are armchair generals, who would never send their own children to fight this war on "terrorism." :wall:wall

Too bad John Kerry sucks too, our country is doomed regardless for the next 4 years.

No, but shes in the military so she does not have a real "choice". If she decides not to go, then she can be put in jail for up to 5 years.

Its sad really. She signed up in the Spring of 01, then in the Fall September 11 happens. She never anticipated going off to war, but I think no one does. And since that time, I have grown to love her.

Why is it when two Chinese people fall in love, it is doomed to failure? Maybe thats just in the movies.

Thx for the replies.