Chinese-Forums

help with translation please

gravitate

OK so I need to send a text in chinese. Only way I can do this is by typing pinyin but the sentence structure is always bad. Please can someone translate the following for me into pinyin and including the chinese characters and also what they mean please?

"Sorry I cant come at 7am. I can come at 2pm but please make sure the dog is waiting in your apartment at 2pm when I arrive. Is that OK?"

I would really appreciate it all you clever people who are bi lingual :)

Sorry I can't come at 7am. I can come at 2pm but please make sure the dog is waiting in your apartment at 2pm when I arrive. Is that OK?

My attempt, it may have some flaws but the reader will understand it.

对不起,我不能午前7点来。我能午后2点才来。我到你的房间来的时候,你的狗应该在那儿等我。行吗?

OK so I need to send a text in chinese. Only way I can do this is by typing pinyin but the sentence structure is always bad.

Please believe me when I tell you it’s better to write the message in your own bad Chinese than to get a bilingual native speaker friend or teacher to polish it up for you.

Sending out a perfectly crafted text message with impeccable grammar and syntax plus a couple 50 Yuan words will lead to your friend thinking you know more than you do and sending you something totally complex and incomprehensible next time. Stick to very simple “Gringo Chinese” and you are better off. I have been down that road many times.

I will now put on my asbestos garments because this may be heresy, punishable by flame.

"Sorry I cant come at 7am. I can come at 2pm but please make sure the dog is waiting in your apartment at 2pm when I arrive. Is that OK?"

对不起,我早上七点来不了,要到下午两点,麻烦您把狗准备好,让我到的时候狗在家,不知您方不方便。

Duibuqi, wo zaoshang qidian laibuliao, yao dao xiawu liangdian, mafan nin ba gou zhunbei hao, rang wo dao de shihou gou zaijia, bu zhi nin fang bu fangbian.

I agree with abcdefg but I think you might be interested to know what the text message would be like in Chinese, so I’ve made an attempt.

Good luck!:mrgreen: