Chinese-Forums

REQ: wishlist for zdt author

andwan0

Just wondering whether zdt author reads this forums.. or where's the best place to submit requests?

I love ZDT for annotation. But am wondering whether it's possible to edit the actual dictionary, or put in a feature to analyse the chinese text and tell the user which characters are sorted/filtered in the Categories... and which are not.... ... and if the Characteries had an extra column called "Book, Chapter & Page".

I spend my time analysing karaoke characters. I only learnt simplified but I want to work with traditional since that's what's displayed on KTV music videos. Sometimes I forget and when there's a character I SHOULD KNOW but I just plainly forgotten it... I like it to tell me that I SHOULD'VE LEARNT THIS character from book # chapter #, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Depends what kind of KTV machine. The KTV places I go to play KTV DVD/VCDs... which mean the actual video is some music video... with the chinese characters hardcoded into the video.... and sometimes the stereo audio left & right are different (one for voice, one for no voice).

• 5 months later...

Just another wish:

Have a Pinyin input similar to Pleco!

In Pleco when I type just 'HAO' I get all 'HAO1' to 'HAO4' shown and can then select. In ZDT I need to type HAO1 - HAO4. Specially with 2 or more character words that gets annoying.

In ZDT to look up 'yanjing' (eye) I have to enter the tone numbers, in Pleco I get 7 options and can chose. When I don't know the tones I have a very hard time to find what I am searching for in ZDT.