Chinese-Forums

Harbin Institute of Technology A13 Dorm

Rubjar

大家好!I was awarded one of the scholarships from CSC, at the moment Im studing at 天津大学(Tianjin University) and let me say that their chinese study program is very demanding, but at the same time very good :D

Next year Im going to be finishing my enrolling proses at harbin institute of technology, but I was wondering if someone has studied there under the CSC scholarship.

If so, I would like to know ..

-How comfortable are the rooms from A13 Dorm, as far as I know thats the one designed for foreign students。

-In a supposed situation in witch I would be married... is there a way to live inside the campus with my supposed wife?

hahahaha:roll: any ways, thats pretty much what I would like to know for now. thanks in advance for your information:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Rubjar,

I'm not on a CSC scholarship, but I am currently residing in the A13 dorm.

-How comfortable are the rooms from A13 Dorm, as far as I know thats the one designed for foreign students.

The rooms are comfortable with a shower and a western-style toilet. But there are no cooking facilities, and an 11pm curfew. Also, the rooms are perhaps a tiny bit colder than I would have preferred. No guests are allowed in the rooms, which is an annoyance.

-In a supposed situation in witch I would be married... is there a way to live inside the campus with my supposed wife?

There are double rooms, but I don't know if they allow couples to stay in them, sorry.

I don't think they allow couples to live in Dorm 13# unless you're legal couple~:D

But it will be pretty easy to find a room around HIT. And the rent is pretty cheap.

I'm surprise why a lot students complain about the heat system in Dorm 13# because in the Chinese students' dorm, it's HOT...and really HOT...

Probably you complain too few and didn't make it work...Anyway. have a nice time in HIT.

@Pancake

That is great! (the fact you are in HIT) right now I'm in a hurry, but I would love to know more about your experience in general, right now because of being at 天大 I can have an idea of how might be like to be there, except that we don't have a curfew and we can have visits (what a bummer!), and at Tianjin we have cooking facilities, one per floor (at least in my building)... any ways, eating at the 食堂 its always very cheap.

:clapI'll be back soon with some other questions, thanks for giving me an idea so far :D

• 2 weeks later...

Rubjar: At HIT you can choose between single room or double room. But be warned that the number of single rooms is very limited. My agency was able to negotiate for me to live alone in a double room, but my impression is that this would not normally be allowed.

• 3 months later...

BUMP!

@Pancake: Its been some time now that you have been there, any news? something more you can add?

this are kind of the same questions:

*A13 is the only building for 留学生?

*To "select" the kind of room you want to live in, that can only be fixed on arrival?

*Do you have the phone number of A13 Front Desk? I think I can try giving them a call :rolleyes:

@Every one else:

If you are living already at 哈工大 or are going to, participate in this post with your questions or information you may have.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi AbbyShaw, pancake, Rubjar et al,

Anyone still staying at A13 for the new spring term?

I'm just about to come over for the Chinese program and will be checking in tomorrow evening.

I am talking to the admissions and the dorm people about the little logistical issues, but it'd be great to get to know in advance any of my future neighbours :)

XX

Deb

• 1 month later...