Chinese-Forums

Chinese coins replics

deltaecotango

They coin says 雍正通寶 Yong1 Zheng4 Tong1 Bao3, I think known in English as "Yongzheng coins", and Yongzheng was an Emperor from the Qing dynasty, who reigned around the 17th/18th century.

Chrix, you know a lot about Chinese history ( inferred from this post and others you made regarding such stuff). Have you ever majored in it?

I am curious. lol :mrgreen:

Some people will vehemently object to that.

"I-Ching" = 易經. Many people know that. The question is what 'I-Ching" coins are.

I agree with you on that "some people will vehemently object that", but I didnt find any other word on my pool english vocabulary, anyway this are other coins (selled in Argentina as "I-Ching coins").

More coins (sorry for the quality of the picture).

I think the point people were making with their question "what is an i-ching coin" is what these coins have to do with i-ching. AFAIK these are replicas of normal coins, and have nothing to do with i-ching. Obviously on can use them for i-ching (e.g. heads is yang, tails is yin), but calling them an "i-ching coin" doesn't make it so.

No problem, I just did a google search, and it does seem like a lot of places call them "i-ching coins", so I can see where the confusion is. However, if you look at them, all the sites calling them i-ching coins are not related to Chinese culture, but rather related to occult, fortune telling, etc.

Most of them show the Chinese upside down or sideways. e.g. http://metapot.com/product.php?productid=2676 . So it's hard to take them seriously as a good source of information about anything.

Humm, many of these coins have the same symbol on the back, same as in that link. Anyone know if they ever did make coins especially for i-ching?

So it's hard to take them seriously as a good source of information about anything.

i started talking about superstition...now we understand each other....anyway the information gived before is good...i´m from Argentina...and i dont know anything about chinese culture...thats why I joined this forum....

regards