Chinese-Forums

Special Economic Zone Tourist Visa

jess.ylz

Doing some roundabout traveling between semesters during the Spring Festival holiday and I wondered if anyone here had any experience obtaining the SEZ tourist visa in Zhuhai or Shenzhen. The only information I have found is on Wikitravel and apparently Americans are not eligible for this visa?

Obtaining a Visa on Arrival is possible usually only for the Shenzhen or Zhuhai Special Economic Zones, and such visas are limited to those areas. When crossing from Hong Kong to Shenzhen at Lo Wu KCR station, and notably not at Lok Ma Chau, a five day Shenzhen-only visa can be obtained during extended office hours on the spot for 160 RMB (Oct 2007 price) for passport holders of many nationalities, for example Irish or New Zealand or Canadian. Americans are not eligible, while British nationals have to pay 450 RMB. The office now accepts only RMB as payment, so be sure to bring sufficient cash.

I am mostly concerned that if I acquire a new F visa in Hong Kong as I plan to, that they will stamp the entry there instead of on the short-term visa. Also, I will be traveling with an American friend with a limited entry Chinese visa. Anyone have recent experience with this?

I am mostly concerned that if I acquire a new F visa in Hong Kong as I plan to, that they will stamp the entry there instead of on the short-term visa.

I think it extremely unlikely they will issue you a visa when you already have a valid visa. You should get and use the SEZ visa first if thats what you want to do.

i have a similar problem so thought maybe here best to ask. my one entry F visa expires 1 march, next. local PSB will not issue any new visa now, too early they say. my plan is/was to visit south china starting as school ends, about 12-15 january. if i were close to beijing, during late February, i could extend my F visa, without leaving china, by purchase from agent. once i leave north china, this option seems less good as i don't really want to send my passport by courier from Shenzhen to BJ, especially during Spring holiday season. once i depart china, no entry visa. would prefer to keep F visa, not get L tourist visa in HK. i believe impossible to extend F visa in HK, but this my be in error. any ideas or new options i can't thiink of, please offer.