Chinese-Forums

Guangzhou to Hong Kong and back to China

mtarascio

Hi all,

I made a bit of a gaff during my visa application and I only got a single entry visa. Now i'm arriving in Guangzhou and i'm planning to head down to Hong Kong for a few days and was wondering if it were possible to get another Chinese visa while in Hong Kong (Australian Passport)?

Also is the double entry visa valid for over 40 days? I still have time to cancel the current visa and get a double entry one at home. As my total time in China is 47 days and I would have needed to get a visa extension anyway, my single entry is valid for 40 days. Getting a new visa in Hong Kong would solve this problem anyway.

Thanks

I think getting a new visa in HK should currently not be a problem. Although this should not be necessary I'd file a copy of the return flight with the application - Shanghai expo is approaching and we never know what they say in two months.

If you want to extend a tourist visa inside China be aware that you may be required to show a chinese bank account with a deposit amount of US $100 per day of the extension (i.e. RMB21000 / $3000 for one month extension) - which can be quite a hassle. Showing the money in cash is said to have worked as well. This requirement exists at least in Beijing.

If you want to get a new visa in the Chinese embassy of your home country I think you should at first try to find out how they possibly would react on a Visa application with a valid Visa already in your passport.

If I were you I'd go for it in Hongkong.