Chinese-Forums

How to prolong my visa in SH?

Chris8080

Hi,

I've got a L visa, two entries, 30 days each stay.

Today it's my 27th day. Unfortunately everything is messed up here in Wuxi :(

I planned to prolong it here, but the official told me that my reasons to stay in China are not reasonable enough.

I want to travel, learn the language better and visit friends.

The official replied my question 'so you want me to go to HK, cross the border, turn around, cross the border to China and come back to Wuxi' with yes.

Seems as if this is one of my choices, but I'd rather prefer prolonging my visa in China to avoid going to HK, paying for the train etc.

Is there a service in SH who could help me?

I found that one:

http://www.visainchina.com/visa3.htm

I don't have a temporary residence permission in SH.

And I don't study at a universtiy or work in a company. It's more like travelling with stays at friends and / or hotels.

Hoping for your help.

Bye, Chris

You should be able to sort it out in Shanghai, but you need to get moving. Emoo.net is another visa agency there that might be able to help. Give a couple of them a call, tell them what you've got, what you need, and ask how much it'll cost. Temporary residence is probably taken care of by residing there temporarily in a hotel.

When I was down there they didn't accept hotel registration papers as "temporary residence permits" for handling visa issues. Of course, I was trying to do things legit and ended up going all over the city trying to get things done.

The Shanghai cops were pretty corrupt. He may have been hitting you up for cash.