Chinese-Forums

L-Visa extended, single entry?

Moving_away

Dear people,

I've tried to find this on the forum, couldn't, so if my question is already answered, please redirect me.

The case is the following: I just stayed on a 2 month L-visa, and extended it into an L-visa for visiting relatives, and was granted a one year stay (which I don't hope to use fully, since I hope to find work much sooner :) ) The thing is now that when applying I could only choose single, double and multiple, I choose single, and that was thus granted. So I now have a 1 year L-visa with a single entry. Now my problem is in interpretation of this single entry: Do I have to re-enter the country before it is valid for a year, or does it mean that when I leave the country during this time I can enter one time again? Or is there an other way of explaining?

Thank you all already in advance

The entry allows you to go out and come back again, that's all.

Is this clear?

While in China, he received an extension on his first L visa in the form of a new, single-entry L visa.

I suspect, but am not certain, that he can't leave China and re-enter on that new visa. In any event, he should certainly check with the PSB before leaving if he plans to re-enter China.

So far, I have to say, that sounds like the nicest interpretation. I was already worried that I would have to leave and enter soon. And as for the zero entry visa, I was not allowed by the official to choose it. Single,double and multiple was ok, but zero was not allowed (I was told to change it). I hope to hear how it went after you returned, Roddy. Thanks for the replies.

• 5 weeks later...
I was not allowed by the official to choose it. Single,double and multiple was ok, but zero was not allowed (I was told to change it).

The thinking is possibly that as there's some rule that foreigners have to leave the country at least once per year (I'm not sure I've ever actually seen this written down though), you'll need the entry to do so.

Anyway, I have since exited and entered - no problems at all, bar the lady at immigration trying to catch me out by asking me what my full name was while she was looking at my passport.