Chinese-Forums

The BLCU dormitories

addeGG

Can anyone explain for me, how much does it cost to stay in the BLCU dormitories? Cause I think it seems really expensive when I saw this: http://www.chinaunipath.com/accommodation.html

26 USD per day?? That's like... 780 USD per month, how can a student afford that? :P

I'm planning to apply for the 20 weeks beginner program the upcoming spring :) But I'm not think I'm going if it costs 700-800 USD per month just in room rate ;<

We provide our students with a wide range of legally approved accommodation options at the lowest cost possible.

we differ in the fact that we absolutely do not charge you any commission on your accommodation.

The dorm pictured on the website is number 17, arguably the best one on campus. A shared room is 65 yuan a day when paid for a semester. This comes to just over $9.50 a day and I forgot the price if you want a room for yourself. I hear other dorms go for less than 55 yuan a day and I don't think you can stay in the scholarship dorms, which are under 35 yuan.

Yes, the dorms are expensive, which is why I am moving into an apartment for the spring. Yet, I would question their prices and ask where the extra $135 is going each month. Have you thought about applying to the school directly?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Apologies all for the late response, I didn't realize there was a thread on this until today! Thanks, Roddy.

China Unipath does, in fact, quote prices directly from BLCU accommodation providers, including the Building No. 17 dormitory and the Conference Center Hotel.

Dorm 17 is generally known as the best dormitory on BLCU campus in terms of comfort and safety. Out of all the dormitory buildings, it is the most newly renovated one. For this reason, when a dorm room is requested, we place all our students in Dorm 17 and not the other dorms as we can be certain of the quality of rooms it offers.

Due to its popularity among international students, it is also the most expensive. Single rooms are currently 180 RMB per night (i.e. US $26). Shared rooms are 95 RMB per night per person (US $14).

As stated on our website, we do not take payments or commission for accommodation, so these are prices quoted by the dorm itself. We also mention that students are eligible for a discount if staying over 30 days and beyond. Which is why Brian US paid 65 RMB per day for a semester stay in a shared room.

addeGG, for a 20 week program (one semester), the discounted rate is 115 RMB per night (US $17) in a single room.

Hope this helps clarify some of your questions! :)

Note: I've had a number of emails asking if my personal recommendation is Dorm 17. if taking into account all accommodation options on campus, I would actually recommend the Conference Center, most probably because I stayed there for a year myself during my BLCU program. Slight bias, yes! However, in terms of dormitories, Building 17 is definitely the one to go for.

Edited by chinaunipath
Personal note

Hi MikeyNinja91

Yes, students are welcome to opt for our accommodation arrangement-only services. We ensure a room reservation is secured under your name prior to your arrival in China.

Accommodation payment is then made directly to the dormitory or hotel when you check in. No accommodation money passes through our hands.

If you have specific dates in mind, please email me with your preferred accommodation choice and I can get back to you with availability.

Cheers,

Karen

info@chinaunipath.com