Chinese-Forums

mail tracking translation

oren_a

Hello I've sent mail to china and the only tracking system is chinese and I can't read it

If someone can traslate it for me I would be very much great full

In this link

http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace/itemTraceAction.do?action=Enter

Please enter the traking number RR485330425IL in the tracking number box

Thank you.

If you dont want to enter the website you can see the page i shoot here

Thank you

2928_thumb.attach

I'm sorry to say I haven't the foggiest idea where your parcel is. It seems to have been taken from Beijing to Guangzhou and then to Shenzhen, where it has now "not yet been dispatched". Perhaps it's still in customs? But that wouldn't make much sense if you sent it to China, rather than from China. Someone more familiar with Chinese might be better qualified to answer :)

December 12 in Beijing, opened, packed & shipped out, December 17 in Guangzhou, opened, packed and shipped out, December 18, in Shenzhen, opened, packed, and shipped out. December 19: Status = 未妥投 = Not ready to be posted/dispatched yet. Since it's not ready to be dispatched, maybe it's still at Shenzhen customs?

Haha, I spent at least ten minutes trying to figure that out before my earlier post, but in the end I just gave up since I couldn't make head nor tail of it. But combining my years with the Dutch postal service (yeah, need to do some work to pay for those book-buying sprees) with Roddy's comment on the 总包, I think it must boil down to: the mail sack was opened at this sorting centre (开拆), the parcel was taken out of the sack, scanned and then sorted for further processing at a facility closer to its destination (封发). 直封 would then mean something like "intended for this facility", whereas 互封 means "internal transport". Does that make any sense?

It is kind of worrying though, since you would expect them to have forwarded it from Shenzhen to another facility closer to its final destination a long time ago.

The last status is 未妥投, which means they tried to deliver it but no-one was there. It could also mean that it is still awaiting delivery, but given how long ago this was that situation is probably least likely. I would get the person you sent the package to visit their local post-office and try to find out what has happened to the parcel.

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't found an explanation for 互封 yet, but this is for 直封:

直封开拆是指从国外过来没拆开过邮袋,到中国才拆开,由分俭按地区分开,在按地区装袋封发,发往邮件要去的地方.到地方在拆一次,投递员送你手里,签字收货

It sounds more like "directly delivered"

I found this explanation on the website of China Post:

3、国际出口邮件的处理:可分为国际直封处理和国内互封处理两类。

4、国际直封处理包括总包接收、邮件开拆、登国际封发邮件清单、封袋(称重、打印袋牌)、生成国际AV7路单和国内路单、平衡合拢等。

5、国内互封处理包括总包接收、邮件开拆、登借用国内封发邮件清单、封袋(称重、打印袋牌)、生成国内路单、平衡合拢等。

Maybe it also has to do with packages that were opened before they arrived in China and ones that weren't?

This question seems to come up quite often on the internet, in Chinese and English, so it would be quite nice if someone more knowledgeable about Chinese postal matters could tell us about the differences of all the possible permutations of

进口/出口 总包 互封/直封 开拆/封发

I'm especially curious about what 互 means in 互封 here...

As an aside: I came across this gem looking for answers:

未妥投 中国 2009年12月17日 = Is not yet completed throws China on December 17, 2009

Chinese is weird because they have far fewer words than we do in english, so many words have multiple meanings. "throws china" could mean "left china on Dec 17, 2009". I don't speak any chinese, but that is the impression I get from the translation. Check out the website I'm using and just copy paste the lines in to translate. They look like they all say basically the same thing though.

Edited by chrix