Chinese-Forums

Does this make sense? a long phrase and then "de rén".

webmagnets

Yǒu lìngwài yì zhǒng yǒu liǎng ge zhōngchéng de rén. Shì shénme? Jiù shì yí ge xué shèngjīng de zhēnlǐ hěn cháng de shí jiān le kěshì bù juédìng xiànshēn gěi Shàngdì de rén.

There is another kind of person with two allegiances. What kind? It is a person who studies bible truth for a long time but doesn't ever make a dedication to God.

Yes, but in the interests of readability, a paraphrase might be preferable :wink: Something along the lines of this, perhaps?

Zhè zhǒng rén suīrán huāle hěn cháng de shíjiān xué shèngjīng de zhēnlǐ, kěshì yòu méiyǒu juédìng xiànshēn gěi Shàngdì.

Also, in your original sentence, I'm not sure if bù juédìng sounds natural? To me, it sounds a bit off. But others more qualified might beg to differ.

Daan, I don't want to contradict but I think the original sentence connects better with the sentences before it (Your version seems better logically but the original version sounds more native). Also, "méiyǒu juédìng " would alter the original meaning: "méiyǒu juédìng" leaves open a possiblity in the future but "bù juédìng" is more like a conscious decision not to commit.

consider replacing 很長時間 with 很久.

不決定 sounds strange. But since the english meaning is not "decide not to", it can't be 決定不 (which sounds natural) either. But I note that there is no "decide" in the english version. Perhaps it is better to just say 不獻身?

Yǒu lìngwài yì zhǒng yǒu liǎng ge zhōngchéng de rén. Shì shénme? Jiù shì yí ge xué shèngjīng de zhēnlǐ hěn cháng de shí jiān le kěshì bù juédìng xiànshēn gěi Shàngdì de rén.

webmagnets, since there have been some queries about the quote you cited, I'm wondering who wrote it. Could you tell us whether it is a Chinese native speaker? Is it originally in Chinese, or is it a Chinese translation from English?