Chinese-Forums

Pleco on HTC Diamond no flashcards

PhilipLean

I just installed Pleco on my HTC Diamond Touch 2, most things work fine, dictionary , handwriting recognition, sounds.

But when I try to add a character to flashcards it says "

"Sorry, the flashcard could not be created because your flashcard file could not be accessed - please exit Pleco and try again.

When I go to "modules" and select "open flashcards" I get the message "Sorry, the flashcard system failed to initialize correctly, please exit Pleco, soft reset (reboot) your handheld and try again.

Rebooting does not fix the problem.

So far I can't get flashcards to work. I am missing some step ? Or, is this a HTC issue ?

I did ask this on the Pleco forums but no answer so far.

It sounds like your flashcard file has been severely corrupted somehow; not sure what might cause that, perhaps your device was in the middle of backing up / syncing the first time you opened Pleco and the flashcard file creation process was screwed up by that. (we have code that's supposed to prevent it, but I'm not sure if it's 100%)

Exit Pleco completely by choosing Quit from the Dict menu, then go to Start / Programs, open up "File Explorer", and delete the "Pleco Flashcards" file (should be in the first folder you see; if not, navigate to My Documents and it'll be in there). After that, reopen Pleco and the flashcards should hopefully work again.