Chinese-Forums

Non-Teaching Jobs in Shanghai

mandarinwoman

Hi, I'm an American looking to move to Shanghai and while there are dozens of jobs available for teaching English, I'm having some difficulty finding non-teaching jobs in Shanghai. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking to leave the profession I've been working in so any suggestions would be good because I won't have much experience in that field anyway.

Since I might have to take a teaching job (I enjoy teaching but I just wouldn't prefer it), are English teaching jobs considered to be among some of the best paying jobs available to foreigners in China since the demand seems to be very high?

Thanks!

If you are completely fluent in Chinese, you may be able to get a job with some company making maybe even 3000 or 4000 rmb a month, or you can teach and get minimum 10,000 a month for full time. Depends if money or job type is more important to you. If I could find a non teaching job here, I would do it for a "minor" pay cut.