Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China
  • Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
vieya

Tradition Chinese Midi Folk midis?

vieya

Where can I get traditional chinese folk midis? Or music? But right now I'm looking for midis.

Not the new pop music. But the traditional songs or music they would play in tang dynasty ming dynasty or dynasties before with the traditional chinese instruments but in midi form. I've tried looking but had no success. I found a few but most of them sound what westerners associate with chinese music like more modern chinese inspired music not instrumental folk music of past. Please help if you can thanks!

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

leeyah

Reading your post I browsed through some sites and found one of my favourite melodies in midi 格式:琵琶语. Sounds GOOD!

For more Chinese traditional music you can try huain.com ,华音网站,perhaps you can find what you're looking for there, or try Chinese midifan forums ,MIDI 爱好者社区.

Have fun~