Chinese-Forums

Could anyone help me out?

McDaniels

Hello everyone. I haven't ever taken Chinese class (I'm currently a senior in high school, and Chinese was only offered this year and you are supposed to commit to two years of taking it if you decide to take it, so I couldn't.

That being said I have been interested in China and learning Chinese for quite a while, and I intend to study it in college and hopefully I will be able to travel to China and stay there for a while at some point in college or soon after college.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions for you guys today. I'm working on starting a web design company, and right now I'm working on names for it.

Some of the names I have in mind are: Visionary, prophet, harmony, balance. All of domains for those names including all of the variations I could think of are already in use or docked. Because I'm interested in Chinese and doing business in China, I thought perhaps I could use the Chinese translations for these words as a name.

Could anyone please translate Visionary, Prophet, Harmony, and Balance into Chinese. I would like to know how to pronounce it and how it is spelled in pinyin. I haven't studied Chinese yet so the characters wouldn't be discernible to me.

I appreciate it!

Could you try to show how these words are pronounced? I don't really know how to pronounce words even in pinyin, like my brother's teachers name is zhou but apparently that is pronounced like Joe? Very confusing.

Could you try spelling out how the words sound? That would be very helpful.