Chinese-Forums

translation request

Tippy

My Mandarin is very rusty. I am trying to do a poster for a refugee ESL class hosted by an interfaith ministry. many different ethnic chinese groups in the class.

Just a simple sign saying

Wherever you are in your journey of faith, you are welcome here.

Pinyin, simplified and traditional characters would be a great help and any advice on the phrasing appreciated also. thanks

the teachers are volunteers and do not speak chinese since it is not a requirement for an esl instructor. we use pictures and pantomimes, etc. to get basics across at first and go from there. i have noticed there have been linguistic shifts in the PRC phrases and can converse better with the elderly grandparents--my slang needs updating

Faith is quite a loaded word in English. Even translated literally, I'm not sure the full effect would transfer over to Chinese. "Journey of faith" makes it even more awkward. Perhaps you should rethink the wording first.

i suppose it could be taken to mean your journey through life, the path you've chosen, etc.

but since it is a ministry that is what they asked for--they are not familiar with chinese culture either. bit of a diplomatic semantics quest i guess. appreciate all the responses.

zai zhegge difang for in this place (here)? dou wangle, i'm afraid.

Consider -

無論你有沒有信仰、有甚麼信仰,歡迎你。 (traditional script)

无论你有没有信仰、有什么信仰,欢迎你。 (simplified script)

wúlùn nǐ yǒu méiyǒu xìnyǎng, yǒu shénme xìnyǎng, huānyíng nǐ. (machine translated pinyin)