Chinese-Forums

Fudan University

nazia

• 2 weeks later...

Fudan is an interesting place to study. If you are very committed and not easily distracted by the city and the entertainment nightlife etc it has to offer then it's ok. I was too easily distracted and met far too many interesting and wonderful people I could speak English to instead of Chinese.

My first semster teaching quality was pretty crappy but second semster I had some wonderful teachers as the course diversified somewhat.

The campus is lovely and is a good place to escape the traffic and noise. You can rent room at the foreign student dorm per night or by semester, a lot cheaper by semester though. Per night for short term is 90 RMB for basic room aircon, clean with toilet and good shower and I think they have a TV too.

There is a huge housing complex near uni called wen hua hua yuan (文化花园) with very nice and not too pricey places.

Dorm address is wu dong lu, wu chuan lu.

• 3 weeks later...

i have some more questions as i am thinking of staying at fudan for one year of language study: how many hours of classwork per week can a language student expect? how much time did you need to prepare for classes and do your homework? is there any chance to take regular courses as a language student?

thanks!

hp-o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...