Chinese-Forums

Hong Kong F visa

valikor

There are a lot of old threads about how rules regarding visas in Hong Kong have changed, and I know some of this was related to the olympics, etc... so I don't really know what the current situation is.

. I read that they won't issue you one if you were a previous holder of a tourist visa, but I already had (have) an F Business visa, on which I'll be using 2 entries (I'd like to go from HongKong-->Hainan = 1 entry, and then HongKong-->Beijing = 1 more entry)

Would I be able to (in a short period if time--a couple days) obtain a new business visa (multiple entry)?

Thanks!

David

EDIT: To make this more clear, I want to visit both Hong Kong and Hainan, and must visit Hong Kong first since I have direct train tickets between Beijing and Hong Kong. So, I must both use a visa entry to get to Hainan, and also to get back to Beijing (since I will return via Hong Kong). I only have 1 entry on my visa.

Edited by valikor
clarity

Unfortunately I'm too poor to afford a flight, but I read there is a train from Shenzhen which is cheap (yes, they put the train on a ferry!)

So to do this, I would need to go back to Shenzhen from Hongkong (1 entry) in order to get to Hainan, and go back to Hong kong afterwards (since I have a HK --> Beijing return ticket booked already).

The dearth of replies suggests that I might be out of luck.... can anyone confirm this?

but I read there is a train from Shenzhen which is cheap (yes, they put the train on a ferry!)

Very interesting. I have only taken such a train once in Northern Europe and I was so surprised as I had not known about the boat trip at all.

No direct train from Shenzhen to Hainan; you have to get to Guangzhou.

Getting back to HK and getting a new visa will be expensive and time-consuming. Why not just refund the train ticket HK to Beijing (you get 80 percent back if you refund at least two days ahead) and then fly or take the T202 train to Beijing from Hainan.

Alternatively, Hainan isn't really worth a lot of hassle to visit.

889:

This is actually a very good idea. I always ASSumed that refunding the tickets would be a hassle/impossible. Eighty percent is pretty good. This opens up some more options.

We were actually just sort of pissed that the weather forecast for Macau/HK has 10 consecutive days of rain (we'll be there for about 9 days). Hainan's was slightly better, and a lot warmer...