Chinese-Forums

2011 Harbin Rollcall!

jacki

Hey everyone! I'm at Heilongjiang University (been here since August) and with the semester change I found a lot of my classmates and friends have gone home, and most of the posts here are quite out of date, so I'm just wondering -

Who's here in Harbin, and what are you doing?

That would be fun!! I always like meeting new people. And it's less soul-chillingly freezing than it was a few weeks ago, which is making me happy, and so maybe I'll actually start to leave campus again :mrgreen:

I'm a bit of lurker here, but living in Harbin for the last 2 years. I'm a teacher at Nasdaken English.

The idea of a chinese-forums meet-up sounds good to me. Especially now the weather is getting warm (1C today felt like summer!) :clap

If enough fresh faces show up, maybe we could have an unofficial chinese-forums get-together sometime in the future?

I hereby declare any Harbin meet-up OFFICIAL!

Don't think you'll have any admin staff in attendance, but we'll be thinking of you.

Especially now the weather is getting warm (1C today felt like summer!)
Oh no, you jinxed it!

Come on, -9C feels warm to me nowadays! I know back in Jan. there was that one day where my computer stated -27C AT MIDDAY. Now that's damn cold!

Every year, the first day in March more than 0C and with a touch of sun feels like a heatwave...

Every year, the first day in March more than 0C and with a touch of sun feels like a heatwave...

I would expect nothing less from a person whose nickname is maxiMINUS.:D No, but I completely agree with you, I came back from Beijing and suddenly it was almost spring in Harbin! Though I am used to cold temperatures, I grew up in a town in northern Sweden which lies on the same latitude as this notoriously cold Russian village. Though our temperatures were, mercifully, about 40C warmer on average thanks to the Gulf Stream.

But I can't believe that me, maximinus, jacki and kdavid are the only chinese-forumites currently in Harbin. Come on people, de-lurk!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

I'm doing research at HeiDa and live in an apartment off campus. Been here since July (started off at the HIT CET Program) and migrated to these parts in November. I'll be around until late August; meeting up on the weekend could be quite enjoyable!

Best,

Eric

• 1 year later...

Rollcall 2011?

Well anyway, I'll be arriving in a few days to study at Bincai. Besides improving my Mandarin I'm planning to swim (google says there's at least one pool with a 50 meter track), go to gym and take short trips around Heilongjiang, Jilin or Liaoning. I wouldn't mind meeting Chinese-forumers over a cuppa coff..beer if anyone feels like it :)

Just took care of the rest of the details today. Going to be there for 5 weeks starting on July 25th. Primarily for Mandarin lessons but also to get out of LA for the summer. I've been all around China but never Harbin before so this will be exciting. See you around.

Leb6o.gif