Chinese-Forums

L visa for student spouse

xstudent

Is it possible to get a long term L visa for my wife if im on x visa here?

She's european., and i would like her to accompany me here 'til my gradutaion (2012).

if POSSIBLE, what documents are needed apart from marriage cert and police registration paper..?

Thanks for your replies :)

Is it possible to get a long term L visa for my wife if im on x visa here?

So far as I know, your visa has no bearing on the type of visa your wife will be able to get. She needs to check with the Chinese embassy or consulate in her home country. She will probably be issued a tourist visa of some sort if she isn't a student herself.

I’m not an authority on this, but since nobody else replied, I thought I would at least try to help.

If you take proof of your enrolment / visa + residence permit and your relationship she should be able to get a longer tourist visa than normal, six months is normal I think. I think its pretty unlikely they will give her anything longer than that. A year is probably the outside.

What is she planning on doing that whole time? If she's not busy why not enrol her in a chinese course? That would solve the visa issue and give her something to do.

Thanks your reply.

Yes, i learnt she can get a longer L visa (not longer than my x visa validity ) when she comes here, i had to call my school to confirm that. they will help me prepare the docs which i would be needing for the extension.:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thanks for your replies.

I also contacted my school about this issue, its possible for her to get a longer L visa up to a year! although she can only get an extension not longer than my X visa validity period.

They will also help provide the documents needed for the extension, but she has to be in china to do this.. :clap:clap:clap

thanks guys

• 1 month later...

hi i am pakistani passport holder living in saudi arabia

my girl friend is alsoo from pakistan and now she is in china

for a parpose of studying in an university.

she wants me in china for a visit but she did not get invitation letter

from university, now i need a invitation letter must

my Questions are...

1. is she make my invitation letter by her self ?

2. what kind of another documents she attached with the invitation letter?

3. we are from same city in pakistan,how can she prove that she knows me long time?

4. do any body give me a sample of invitation letter for wich things we write on it?

plz do me a reply if any ones know about this we are very tens, i am in need plz help me

af any body wants me to contact this is my e mail id

danialameer@gmail.com

thanx in advansed God bless you