Chinese-Forums

3 questions

msa50

None of those sound Chinese.

There is a Chinese surname Wang, but I've never heard of Van, unless it's some dialectal pronunciation.

Maybe the names are from a non-Chinese language present in China, like Uyghur, but wikipedia has never heard of either place, so no idea.

Is this you on the other forum? Because that's the only Google hit.

Where do you get this information in the first place?

I agree, if you give us more information, we might be able to help you out more ^-^ As Renzhe said, none of those names sound Chinese. But there are many minority groups in China, and they all have different languages, so what you're asking about might be related to one of them...

In fact, a local Lebanese show has run an episode about reincrnation. a girl appeared [i think15 years old] and said she recalees her past name and her city in china,.

this girl is most probably the one who appeared at a factory of my relatives where chinese technicians where there. she could speak chinese to them althaugh she lived all her life in Lebanon, and she said the same story about committing a suicide when she learned that her family was killed. She said she was a steward..

now I asked a friend to record for me the name and city in the rerun of the episode because I missed on them, and this is what she wrote.. so there you are..

Chinese family names have one syllable in 99% of the cases: Wang, Li, Zhou, Shen, Zhang, etc. Ma is also a common family name.

Very rarely, people will have a two-syllable surname, like Ouyang or Furong.

Mashara is not a Chinese name. Maybe a minority. But it might also be total nonsense made up for a TV show.

I read in wikipedia that they use the family name before the name, so maybe if she said her name is van Mashara, then she means that her name is Mashara and her family name is Van? or this is not the case?

anyhow I found people on facebook with the Mashara family.. I am trying to get intouch with them, but I think they are Filippinos

guys what is King Kang in chinese?

is it only a King named Kang http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Kang_of_Zhou

because I found a site for poetry where there is a strange language to me through the English poetry, and it says Aribona King Kang

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/community/getfolk.php?id=798

With my rigdam bom a diddle kino,

Kimanara guilty caro,

Kimanara kino;

With my ram stam fam a diddle,

Aribona king kang,Kimanara kino.

what are your comments?

what is didely?

also the word rigdam appears here

Rigdam-bol-le-meta-kimo

http://www.archive.org/stream/songofmilkanwath00hendiala/songofmilkanwath00hendiala_djvu.txt

a poetry translated from fijian language?? it is called the song of milkanwath..

when I searched wikipedia for fiji, I found that its culture is of indian, chinese and other cultures. I have been roaming the world today, but research is always interesting..

the Song of Milkanwath in wikipedia :

the song of hiawatha seema the original poem.. it speaks about native americans ..

"Indian words recorded by Longfellow

Longfellow cites the Indian words he used came from the works by Henry Rowe Schoolcraft. The majority of the words he records come from the Ojibwa language, with a few of the words from the Dakota, Cree and Onondaga languages.

'

indeed, in a forum for native american and eskimo songs, rigdUm was mentioned..

but what the hell has the poet written in the original poem I posted.. I MEAN kING KANK,.. THEN RAM STAM [sCOTTISH], NOW THIS INDIAN AMERICAN WORD.. IT IS INDEED WEIRD, ALSO kIMANARA IF AN EAST ASIAN NAME, NO?

I'll report the poem:

With my rigdam bom a diddle kino,

Kimanara guilty caro,

Kimanara kino;

With my ram stam fam a diddle,

Aribona king kang,

Kimanara kino.

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/community/getfolk.php?id=798

confusing.. one starts with somethign and ends in very diverse issues