Chinese-Forums

Zhang Yimou's 8 minutes in the closing ceremony.

Quest

Please rate Mr. Zhang's last 8 minutes  

1. 1. Please rate Mr. Zhang's last 8 minutes

• Excellent
    • overall great
    • so so
    • disappointing
    • ugly.. he should pack up and go home.

This is exactly what I am thinking now:

人海欧洲

送交者: 安魂曲

刚刚看完张艺谋导演的8分钟文艺演出,感觉恶心坏了,而且不是一般的恶心----他的这8分钟,水平不是一般的差,甚至比深圳中华民俗文化村每天晚上的例行表演还要糟糕多了。

怪不得如今大陆各大论坛已经骂声一片,中国代表团本届奥运给国人带来的喜悦,看来被张艺谋这一惊人败笔给冲掉了一大半。

首先是再次重复张艺谋满场鲜红的习惯色彩,从艺术角度看本来也没有什么---可总也该有些对比和点缀啊?怎么能从灯光到灯笼到演出服全部都是红色色调,最后还亮出一个土得掉渣的大幅标语,也是红色的呢?!

一开始的民乐演奏,与其来摇滚直露的,还真不如干脆用娴静模糊的表演风格,突出东方文化的神秘和平和---尤其是那些女演员的超短裙,居然出现在奥运这样的庄重场合上,不仅不协调,而且严重不雅----台下有那么多选手抬头看,又那么多相机随时抓拍,傻瓜才会用容易走光的超短裙呢!

后来则玩起了传统文化,而且偏偏是即使在老外看来也缺乏新意、但却没有融入什么体育、现代因素的京剧、高跷、灯笼之类,给人的感觉一是整体气氛压抑(好象万圣节鬼魂展示),二是凌乱没有主题甚至起码的衔接,好象在某个民族文化庙会上的那类表演。

配乐则糟糕透顶,根本听起来好象音响出了什么毛病,而且和北京奥运显然关系不大的“茉莉花”居然重复两次,莫非这首歌在老外那里真的那么有名么?对了,原来这首歌上海世博会上就表演过,可那是人家上海地区的流行曲啊!

场边那些高跷走来走去,从远处看明显单调僵化,加上巨大的阴影,感觉不象人象鬼,在我们中国人看来则象农村的庙会表演---而且这玩艺既不体育也不现代,节奏又慢,根本不适合闭幕式狂欢的气氛,也看不出有什么特别的含义。

最后找个小姑娘重唱茉莉花,虽然站在灯笼顶上有些创意,但小女孩显然过于紧张,唱得一点不让人感到天真可爱(这也是中国小孩的通病,被张艺谋发扬光大了),却很不合时宜地向观众连抛飞吻(飞吻一次可以说好玩,飞吻多次就给人感觉造作下流了)。。。尤其最后还被鞭炮吓了一大跳,全球电视观众看了都会觉得小女孩可怜,导演混蛋。我老婆边看边问:怎么找这么一个小女孩,会不会是北京市长女儿什么的?可见人选的不当(其实这个年龄根本太小,应该找4年后刚好成年的 14、5岁少年)

至于全场只表现汉族千篇一律的传统,却忽略中国文化中明显更有活力的一些少数民族风格,拿那些身穿少数民族服装的演员当摆设。。。这些我们就不提了,说句不好听的话:张艺谋连“讲政治”的能力也是欠缺的。

总的来说,张艺谋这次卖弄的这些东西,完全是中国汉族传统文化中比较缺乏现代气息的那些层面,而且以前他本人也曾多次重复表现,可见其创意的缺乏----而在这么一个严肃场合把这些单独看来也许还没什么的东西全部拿出来,却忽略了融合奥运和体育、现代、人文的气息,就形同在外国人面前耍把式卖艺,又回到了张艺谋习惯用中国文化中最缺乏现代气息的那些小气的东西去搏外国人喜欢的老路子了----问题在于:如今的外国人已经对今晚张艺谋战线的那些东西接触足够多了,难道我们就再拿不出一点新花样了么?

张艺谋这次丢人,还好只有8分钟,但已经足够暴露此人的缺乏创意、思路狭隘、江郎才尽----北京奥运要是还让他当开幕式导演,中国人的脸全得被他给丢尽!

and this is funny:

看来老谋子愣是觉得只有把咱中国弄得够土、够原始,外国人才喜欢。总觉得好象回到从前那个文革年代?他就爱用以前外国人对中国的理解来诠释变化中的中国。其实连外国人都觉得怀疑:中国难道还是这样吗?怎么还那么落后?要知道人家希腊玩得那是古典,你老谋子玩得叫落后。难道咱中国人就不会革新图变?不要再用老谋子了,他是到头了,用新人吧。如果再这样下去,咱中国永远不能树立新形象。

I missed the Zhang Yi Mou show.

However, all world English media accounts seem to say it was quite splendid.

There was some mention in Lonely Planet Thorn Tree's World of Sport forum about a litle Chinese girl lip-synching. I guess it was "Mo Li Hua" from what I read in the above Chinese article. It's amusing to read the Chinese critics lambaste the Chinese performance as catering to vain western tastes and not exhibiting the true culture of China.

As if foreigners can tell the difference? The critics in China just don't get it: this was a performance for the other 3/4 of the world to see, not just the billion viewers on CCTV 1 ...and the world adored every second of it!

As if foreigners can tell the difference? The critics in China just don't get it: this was a performance for the other 3/4 of the world to see, not just the billion viewers on CCTV 1 ...and the world adored every second of it!

I think you are right about the audiences of the show were not just Chinese, but this doesn't mean that "the critics in China" should shut up about how their culture was presented to the world. Are you suggesting that as long as "the world"--excluding "the critics in China"--"adored every second of it," the Chinese should have no complaint, no matter how bad taste it was!? :shock:

Dear Ru Yi,

I wasn't suggesting that the critics in China should "shut up" because I know their comments were written in Chinese for domestic consumption, not for the amusing perusal of foreigners in the China Culture Forum.

Once again, you've got to keep the audience in mind. I'm sure there was a deep sense of national pride among all of the critics who voiced their opinions on Chinese soapboxes and I support their patriotism.

In fact I enjoy reading their comments because I happen to find them rather amusing. I wanted to see more so I went to Xinhua for additional chortling chuckles.

Of course I know why that Olympics show looked like it did because it was distinctly prepared with global TV viewers in mind, just like the critical comments that followed were written for the exclusive benefit of a China audience. I didn't see any Chinese people writing English essays in foreign media bemoaning the tastelessness of the 8 minutes of so-called debauchery that misrepresented the People's Republic of China. Do you care to try?

If freedom of speech did not exist in China then we wouldn't have this fun topic to chat about , would we?

Cheers!

祝您:

万事如意!

Cordially,

Confucius

I just don't get why Zhang Yimou has become controversial in China. If anything, I thought his last few movies have sold out towards Chinese audiences, rather than foreign. Only by dropping anti-Party politics and becoming an official part of the system, could he get the media coverage in the stae run press. He's probably no more of a "make-movie-for-foriegn-film-festivals" type of director than he was before, the masses simply now know who he is.

In any case, China wants its movie industry to go abroad and become a powerful force, second to Hollywood. Hollywood already makes about half its craporama movies to suit foreigner's flavorless tates. You know....action movies with cookie-cutter, uncomplicated plots, and simple dialogue. As an American, I say to Chinese people, if you feel your culture is being misrepresented by movies, just wait.

I wish Zhang Yimou could beautifully misrepresent my country.