Chinese-Forums

UK Settlement Visa - Fiancee / Marriage Visa

jcarnold

Once you are married you need to change the visa to a spousal one. I came into the UK on a spouse visa and you need to provide marriage cert, plus letters of reference etc but this may have changed as its been a number of years since I got mine... but once you are married you can change your fiances (wife's) status to married... ring the home office visa people and they will tell you what you need to do... it may take several tries however as they are no the fastest when it comes to anything really...

This might help:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/husbandswivescivilpartners/applying-inside-uk/

I think your spouse will have to apply for leave to remain as a spouse of a uk permanent resident, and the fact that he/she already has a fiance visa isn't that relevant.

Now that the UK government has turned into a paranoid, terrorism-obsessed, quasi-totalitarian regime, you will have to jump through all sorts of hoops and apply for an ID card etc. Good luck.

Thanks for both of your help.

It looks like the FLR(M) is a good possibility. As soon as UKBA fix the phone system, they say Wednesday, I'll call to confirm.

Thanks for the pointers, all the info is on the gov www but if you dont know what to look for its not so easy to find. Your pointers, have given a good starting place.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

You may well have to complete the Life in the UK test which is an exam. My Chinese wife took this for British citizenship in 2007.

They keep putting fees up all the time with £100's added to the VIsa's every year.