Chinese-Forums

New HSK: registration site and online level evaluation

edelweis

If you need the English version, aren't you already admitting failure? :D

I did note that they offer something called the BCT -- Business Chinese Test. First I've heard of it. Searching here finds only one post about it -- http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/26-traditional-vs-simplified-characters793 -- with no replies!

I did notice that in searching for where offers it, the locations are only in Chinese. What a pain! Pretty funny, in a way.

Some locations are also listed in the Latin alphabet, e.g. some France testing sites.

Else you need to click on each Chinese site name and check the address which is in the site's language (pretty tedious).

The level 2 evaluation seems to have a bug, I could not complete it.

But I did good on the the level 3 evaluation so I will register for that. Level 4 seems way too hard for me :conf perhaps next year... (HSK is only offered once a year here)

One problem is that they ask for personal details and I find it a little scary to post all that to a website which does not use https.

• 2 weeks later...

The mockup tests do look terribly easy.

EDIT: I've just done the level 6 and it's, in fact, not terribly easy at all.

Level 4 is terribly easy, though. I guess I should try the 5.

Edited by renzhe

• 3 weeks later...

Just got 56 out of 100 on the 6 阅读. It's pretty similar standard to the old HSK advanced reading, but with slightly fewer long passages I think. It also has a different fill-in-the-blank exercise where you have some phrases and have to choose the appropriate blank for them in a passage. Quite a fun story about Caocao's son weighing elephants. But if you get one wrong, you'll automatically get at least two wrong, as it's one word per spot.

Ran out of time on the last part of five, as it's about twice as long as all the other ones but you don't find out until you get there....