Chinese-Forums

How do Asians/Chinese feel towards blacks..

xuechengfeng

In my observation, people from poorer countries/ societies are generally prejudiced against, even if you've never have any experience or personal dealing with them. It's a regrettable state but it's also true in many other aspects of life too, for example: the language accent associated with the better off in a country tends to be regarded as the standard of that country because it's more "beautiful", Caucasian features are often considered as more "attractive", etc.

When I was in Tokyo, I noticed that black males from the better-off, more fasionable countries in the West were very popular among more modern, trend-setting girls (against the general trend within Japanese society then). Even this is, when looked closely, also subject to the same reason as above.

sandra_49202@yahoo.com

I don't have anthing against black, Indian all I know is that they have been miss treated way before the 60.Study their histroy. And it sad :( for people of all color to be miss treated by anyone. One thing we have to remeber that God made man, women He make no differten with people. We all must come to him though the Blood of Christ and that is a must!!! If you have a real good exprince with God being born again . All the hate you have will not destyor your inward man. There more to life than hate for any human being.

Remeber how Hitlor hated the Jew a kill billions all becaues of hate?

the hatred came from scapegoating the desparate economic situation in the weimar republic on one group of people ... the same hatred exists today in most parts of the world. ... wait, uh...

...ya... sassy... hmm... reincarnation?

Sassy is/was a poster who basically got on everyone's nerves. Asking questsions is of course welcomed, and advice is consistently given here, but when your questions continually include such mind-numbing inquiries such as "Can you explain Chinese grammar," it gets old. Let's also not forget that she only wants explanations in all pinyin, no characters, and she TYPES like THIS!?!?!?! With excessive!!!!!! punctuation........!!!!!

xiexie nin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

I don’t think there is a real discrimination against blacks in China. In fact, we don't have a lot of black people in china compared to places in north America, so it's like seeing something new when I see them on the street and such. I’m a Chinese, born and raised in China. In my social circle, all my friends and people I met never say something negative about blacks. I concede there are some discrimination terms in Chinese used in relation to blacks, such as "黑鬼", but I am sure these kinds of terms are totally translated or imported from western languages, at least to me, I learn them from watching American movies with Chinese subtitle, to some extent, all prejudice against blacks are transited from western culture. In our everyday conversation, the most frequent word we call black guys is “lao hei”, which is like “black buddy” that has nothing to do with racial discrimination.

I can say it is very occasional that blacks were discriminated in China. Maybe they are stared in the street, just coz most chinese people seldom see black people in china. They just feel curious, (surely I don't think it is good. ) but If Chinese seldom appear in your land, I dare to say you also want to look for a bit long time, right? it is not discrimination.

To say that racism doesn't exist in China is a little bit extreme. It isn't prevalent (because it's a homogenous society for the most part), but racism definitely exists. I'm sure almost every foreigner who has lived in China has encountered a situation where, because of their race, they received less of something, or had to pay more for something than a chinese person would. That is racism. Words like 黑鬼 are not imports. They're the words that Chinese created for themselves.

Once I was in 阳朔 and wanted to go to a park. It had a sign that said, "5元" I watched 10 Chinese people walk in without paying, but the attendant stopped me when I tried to go in. When I asked why she said it was because I wasn't Chinese. I think it's racism.

coudoufu, you are right. There are some nicknames about foreigners. but you know, there are more nicknames about other chinese peoples who live in other provinces. so the point is not treating foreigner or domestic people. when I was travelling in Yanshuo this year, I meet the same problem as you, and must pay more bus fee in some lines. just because I am not a local people. and I was very angry about that. But more and more cities are beginning to get rid of those unfair and disgusted rules. and these actions are taken by China goverment. I am glad to see some big cities Like Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen have done a good job on geting rid of discriminatory rules.